Why use LearnSprout?
Once and Done Integration
By using LearnSprout to handle data integration, you need only map to our API once. From that point on, you will be able to connect to the leading student information systems without having to worry about implementing, maintaining and supporting a patchwork of integration methods.
Our team includes engineers and product managers from Facebook, Microsoft, Google, Adobe and Pearson (PowerSchool) who have years of experience building scalable products that support millions of users. In-house expertise is available for customized solution consultations.
Direct Database Integration
LearnSprout pulls data from the SIS through a direct database connection as opposed to going through the application layer of the SIS. Data extracted through SIS export or "AutoSend" utilities can be inaccurate and limited in scope.
LearnSprout's data ingestion process identifies the data that has been modified since the previous import from the source SIS. As a developer, you have the option to query only for the subset of data that has been changed since your last request, which enables you to conserve resources and improve performance in your application.
We will work closely with your development team, leveraging best practices and maintaining open lines of communication to ensure a robust solution that will grow your products’ reach. Our engineers guarantee a 24hr response time via our support email.
How it works
- Register to receive your own API Developer Key
- Connect your system to the LearnSprout APIs
- LearnSprout establishes a direct database connection with your customers.
- Data from the SIS is “diffed” to identify and separate just the updated records.
- Data is normalized and made ready for import.
- Data is pulled or pushed on an interval that you define. (up to every half-hour).